Monday 13 June 2011

Badger's Log - Weekend at Badger's

Ello,

Quick Monday morning post of what hobby stuff I got up to over the weekend...

Do you ever get that really annoying time where you lose a model from a unit? Somehow over the past few weeks of gaming, I've managed to lose a boy from a Trukk squad. Luckily, I had a few leftover AOBR boyz lying around to fill the gaps, but it's so frustrating not to know where it's gone to!

The Lost Boyz... Well, just 1.
 So there you have a replacement member for Trukk Boyz #3. They're now back up to their full number, rather than me messing around and playing a man down.

Now, the next thing I spent most of the weekend messing around with, were my Finecast Incubi. I've never worked with resin or finecast before, so I vastly underestimated how long it took me to trim all the excess clean and get at the mould lines.

All in all, I think it's worth the extra work and a few quid extra, to have such nicely detailed models that are easy to transport and maintain as well. The only thing I wasn't keen on was some of the more fiddly, bendy bits... such as the Klaives and the trophy racks. Trimming the flash off them was like tightrope walking. I'm very heavy handed when it comes to cleaning models, so I had to take it down a notch in order to clean these up.

They're sprayed up and I just need to undercoat the missed areas, then I can get on with painting them, hopefully get them done for next week's game at the club.


You might also notice there's only 4 Incubi there, when in the box you get 5. Basically, each Incubi body, head and racks come on an individual frame, where as the 5 Klaives come on a single frame. To match the Klaives, in a normal box, you should get 2 Type A bodies, 2 Type B bodies and 1 Type C. Now I was given 3 of Type A or B, so I couldn't fit the Klaive onto the body properly.

Suffice to say, I've rang GW and got a replacement on the way in the post, so that was good of them. Originally I was going to run them as a 4 anyway, with an Archon in a Venom, so I can at least make a start on that for the moment.

I also spent most of Saturday packing my armies up into Chinese tubs. I've got some kind of Takeaway storage OCD, but it means I can keep all my similar squads together and store them a bit nicer.

It also means I can store things a bit neater at home and see where each unit is at the time, rather than trawling through old Battleforce boxes of fileboxes to find where my Wych squad is.

After that, I just spent some time trying to work out some points for this Apocalypse demo game next Saturday. At the moment, I'm on 7200pts of Orks, without my unpainted Squiggoth and without reinforcements from other players. Next thing after that is to work out the points of my Imperial Guard.

That's all for now, I've got a mission pack for our demo game to upload onto here for people to read at some point, so that should hopefully be up tomorrow!

Peace,
SB

1 comment: