Friday 1 February 2013

February Painting Pledge - Dark Angels

Morning folks.

Last month I set myself a decent goal of getting the following completed:
  • Paint 10 Hellions
  • Paint Razorwing Jetfighter
  • Paint Raider
  • Spray Dark Vengeance Contents
After a bit of struggle to get going again after finishing the Hellions, and spending an hour out in the snow spraying Dark Vengeance I managed to tick off everything on the list. So I'm pretty pleased with that progress, but there's still a lot to go to try and clear this backlog.

This month I'm setting myself a bit of a bigger target since it focuses mostly on Infantry, so there's no vehicles to knock out quickly.
  • Paint 10 Dark Angels Tactical Marines
  • Paint 5 Deathwing Terminators
  • Paint 3 Ravenwing Bikers
  • Paint Dark Angel Chaplain
  • Paint Dark Angel Captain
  • Paint Dark Angel Librarian
  • Paint Cypher
  • Buy the Dark Angels Codex
Now... I'm hoping for this I can split them into 4 categories for painting in batches:
  • Green Armoured Group - Tac Marines, Captain and Cypher
  • Bone Armoured Group - Deathwing Terminators
  • Black Armoured Group - Chaplain and Ravenwing
  • Blue Armoured Group - Librarian
Hopefully once the armour stages are out of the way, which is the bulk of the work, I can then return to batch painting the details on them all as a group.

I actually started a bit early on these, getting the undercoat touched up on Tuesday night:


I then spent last night drybrushing everything with boltgun metal to get into all the cracks and crevices and means I don't have to repaint the armour again at a later stage. I debated for a while whether to do the armour or metal first since the armour is the majority of the model, but ended up doing it this way thinking it'd mean less re-painting of big areas that get covered in armour colour.


So... There's my plan for the month. Get my Dark Angels signed off and ready for gaming with the new Codex. Once I've read it I'll probably end up wanting to buy more stuff, but I need to try and be vigilant.

The only thing I'll allow myself to get is the new Belial model, but if I do, he's getting tacked onto this painting list so that my Dark Angels are fully finished (for the time being...).

We'll see how it goes this month, but I'll probably never want to touch power armour again for a while after this... Which is a bit discouraging since I've got the Dark Vengeance Chaos bits to do.

Bye for now!
SB

No comments:

Post a Comment