Wednesday 3 April 2013

April Painting Pledge - Eldar Vehicles

Morning folks!

It's the start of a new month so that means a new painting pledge! Having over-run February into March, I managed to claw some progress back and get them finished on time. Which leads me onto my next endeavour to "finish" an army off (for the time being).

This month's line up involves all my Eldar vehicles, which I'd been dreading painting for ages because they're vehicles and also really spindly and fragile. Even whilst I was getting them prepped half the stuff broke off and got re-assembled.



 


In here we've got 3 Wave Serpents with magnetised weapon turrets, a Falcon with a magnetised turret weapon choice, 6 War Walkers (4 with 2 x Scatter laser, 2 with Scatter laser and Missile launcher combo) and then the weapons to go onto my guardian squad's weapon platform.

They're all following my Ulthwe colour scheme, so I'm hoping that the Wave Serpents and Falcon are quite quick to paint up, as the War Walkers and weapons are going to be pretty awkward.

In addition to the painting pledge, I've got some hobby goals I want to get out of the way this month...

The first one is to sand the bases on my new Dark Angels Dev squad, all armed with plasma cannons from the Dark Vengeance sets. I'm trying to retro-fit my DA army to have plasmas where possible and thanks to a good deal off a bitz site, they seemed a logical inclusion. So these guys also need spraying and MAYBE become a stretch goal to get finished this month.


I'm quite excited to use them once painted, which means they'll all die to over-heating on the first shots fired.

On top of this, to get things ready for next month's painting pledge, I need to get my Necron reinforcements, from when their new Dex came out, sprayed up ready to be painted. I'm planning on sticking to the original Terminator style colour scheme for these guys, since that's what my old army is painted up as - so they'll hopefully be quick to paint up once sprayed!


There's also a Ghost Ark, Catacomb command barge and an Overlord to get done. My only worry for these guys is making the vehicles look good. My older Necron monoliths look a bit shabby now looking back on them, so what I do for the new vehicles will probably end up getting applied to the Monoliths when I re-do them.

Paint:

  • 3 Wave Serpents
  • 6 War Walkers
  • 1 Falcon
  • All the Wave Serpent, Falcon and Guardian platform weaponry.
Spray:

  • Dark Angels Plasma Cannon Devastator Squad
  • 1 Imotekh
  • 1 Trazyn
  • 1 Cryptek
  • 1 Overlord
  • 10 Tesla Immortals
  • 5 Lychguard with Voidblade and shield
  • 1 Ghost Ark
  • 1 Catacomb Command Barge / Annihalation Barge


Buy:

  • Soul Grinder
  • Tyranid Additions
  • Black Spray
That's all for now folks, busy busy month ahead it seems!

SB

No comments:

Post a Comment