Thursday 22 September 2011

When is it acceptable?

So, I am sat on the tram with my new phone and I was wondering how long do you have to leave the flavour of the month before it becomes acceptable?

This has bugged me because after my absolute trouncing using an un-optimised chaos list at the last tournament, I wanted to use something a little more competitive.

I looked at the army and thought this looks like Marines nothing chaosy except the look. However, Space Marines aren't overly competitive themselves. That made me look at Space Wolves and I was tempted, but I already have a Space Wolf army. So that made me turn to Blood Angels and I saw a connection. I can still take two special weapons in assault squads, the Vindicators can move 12" and still shoot!!! But mostly they have psychic powers "fear the darkness" and "shackle soul" perfect!

I then looked deeper and saw that my Heresy era World Eaters would fit these rules as well. Everyone could get furious charge and fearless for 3pts less per model if I take assault squads.

So am I a horrible person for using my Night Lords with the Blood Angels codex? (not using mass jump packs). Will counts as ever be acceptable? Is there a point when the Bandwagon leaves and it is safe to grab the old flavour?

4 comments:

  1. Only if they change their name to the night angels & repent. penitent chapter. may the emperor have mercy on ur soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no real answer when it's acceptable. Usually if there's been a Codex or two in between or when the Internet deems them "not a top tier army".

    In short, it's your cash and time in the hobby.

    The only issue I have with people using multiple armies with different codexes is just keeping track what things are and not getting confused. 1 games Khorne Berserkers are the next games Assault Squad and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when u say could get its a slim chance for furious charge n fearless unless u take astrorath, I'm lucky if i get 1 unit. mind u based on ur luck with termie saves u might get all ur units.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go for it, as badger said, your money, your time, as long as your opponant knows exactly what is what then it would become a 'themed' army so who cares what anyone else thinks!!!

    ReplyDelete