Tuesday 20 September 2011

Warrington - The aftermath

Hi all,

Angryman here.  The Northern Warlords tournament is over, so on this extremely rainy morning I thought I'd share with you all how my tournament went.

All the games have a primary mission (8 points to the winner or 4 each for a draw) a secondary mission (4 points to the winner or 2 each for a draw) and victory points differnce (a sliding scale from 8 - 0 to 4 - 4).

I took my Tyranid hivefleet 'Tattybogangles' in my 1750 list I took

Hive Tyrant with 3 guard
2 units of 3 hive guard
The Doom of Malan'tai in a spore
2 units of 12 Termagants
2 Tervigons
2 Trygons

My first game was an extremely close loss for me, 11 - 9 tournament points.  I was facing a White Scars force

My second game was a complete draw, we drew on primary and secondary missions and victory points 10 - 10, I was facing an ork army with a battle wagon conversion that was amazing


My third game was against a Chaos Space Marine list, it had 4 oblit's, 2 land raiders and Abaddon.  I managed a close win in this game, from memory it was 11 - 9 on tournament points

For my fourth game I was playing a Crimson fist space marine army, I won this game 18 - 2


Fifth I was up against a Blood Angel army with 3 predators all armed with 2 lascannon and an autocannon.  I had appaling dice roles, horribly bad, i lost this game 18 - 2
(unfortunatly I didn't get a picture of this army)

For my last game I was playing against a Tau army.  I won this game 11 - 9

I finished 24th out of 52 players, as it was my first time at this tournament I was very happy with my placement.

Pete one of the newer members of MAWS had his Imperial Guard army nominated for best painted, i got some pictures of his army


Unfortunatly Pete didn't win the best painted award but the guy who did had an amazingly painted force



The freehand work and green stuff modelling was unbelievable, really good stuff.

There was also a Warhammer Fantasy Battle tournament being played, I managed to get a picture of a really well painted warriors of chaos army


Now I'm going to finish painting my Salamanders, build and convert my new Trygon and await the next tournament

all comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment