Saturday 3 December 2011

Taffeh's Log

Where's Your Moustache Boy?!

So when your working on a project and reading a background and come across such lines as the one above you know your onto a winner - taken from Rebel Winter by Steve Parker.



My name is Pete / Taffeh and I'm one of the newest members of the MAWS club to date having moved to Manchester a few months back for the next step in my career. I've been on and off with Games Workshop for the past 17ish years and played 90% of their products.

Lately I've been focusing my attention on 40k and on an Imperial Guard Regiment called the Vostroyan Firstborn. I love metal guard, have always done and this is maybe my 3rd or 4th Guard army - and no matter how cliched - my favorite!



Last weekend myself, 3 of us MAWS chaps attended the Lost Boys' in Southport as Angryman has already posted and the club had 2 nominations for Best Painted.



Angryman lost out on winning this with his nids - which are one of the best nid armies I've seen to my Men with Moustaches's which I was over the moon for the club and personally as I am a hobbist and painter first, gamer second.

When I do play with the Firstborn, I play them as to what I would expect them to play like in Rebel Winter or what is mentioned in the Epilogue - as such my Father Olev is never too far behind...


As a new attachment for the latest tournament it was an excuse to paint up the brilliant new sculpts of the Ratling Sniper models... I just love how no two are alike!


Finally, the Firstborn on display in my Gaming Room. I added a Radacal Inqusitor and retinue for this tournament - it was an excuse to get the models painted and think outside the box with what could be done. They act as a Psyker Battle Squad with the Inq being able to weaken the resolve of the enemy, however if I wanted to blast the enemy away, the Cherubael-esque Daemon Hosts floats down to do his master's bidding.


Thats it for me now - going back to my painting tabel to sleep!

//Taffeh

2 comments:

  1. I am chuffed that you got best painted, you deserved it. I am surprised that you didn't get it at Northern Warlords. I hope that you bring more fame and recognition to the club with you awesome painting (maybe even with your wolves next time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Straken! Gone back to Logan's great company now - lets see if I can get something done by Feburary!

    ReplyDelete