It's been a while since I got my paints out, between end of project overtime at work and various family goings on, I've not done much hobbywise, save assemble some Bloodcrushers and play some practice games for a doubles tournament in November.
But at the weekend, I got a few things done - painted 3 Bloodcrushers, assembled a Daemon Prince and then bought a fair few new paints as I'd run low on most.
As a non-Daemon treat I decided that it was about time I got myself into gear with my Deathwing army, so I figured I would paint a tester model to try out the scheme.
I'm really, really pleased with how it looks. Even more so with how the picture has some out on my new phone's camera.
The only problem I had was the sheer amount of time it took to get a good solid coat of Dheneb Stone on the armour. My concern is that I won't be able to breeze through these as quick as I normally would with an army.
I think overall, it took me about 1 hour 30 to get the model done, sticking to a basic colour palette of Dheneb Stone, Mechrite Red, Boltgun Metal and Knarloc Green. Then for assorted piping and the eyes I used Ice Blue and Camo Green. Top it all off with a Badger-Trademarked Badab Black wash and I'm really pleased.
I also had to be very, very careful with the application of the black wash this time. On other armies, I've just slopped it on and for all those it looks fine, but the Deathwing army needed to look battle worn and aged, rather than flat out dirty or patchy.
Make a start on the rest pretty soon I hope. I suppose the time it takes to paint them isn't too problematic as there's only 25 models in the entire army!