Tuesday 21 June 2011

Badger's Log - Finecast Dark Eldar Incubi

Ello all,

Played another game with my Dark Eldar last night, against Angryman's Craftworld Eldar. I'll get onto that a bit more tomorrow, but first up I wanted to show off my Finecast Dark Eldar Incubi.

Now I know there's been a lot of moaning about price increases and such with Finecast, but personally I'm all for it. Metal models weigh a ton, require pinning and also require regular upkeep and a good spray of varnish. I'm more than willing to pay a few quid extra for my models to have them lighter, easier to transport and not require varnishing or pinning.

That being said, I've had problems with the boxes showing up with the wrong number of body sprues to match the Klaive sprues. So what I'd suggest is that if you want to buy any that are boxed, get them from the store and open the box there and then. Rather than dealing with GW customer services and waiting on the postal service...

Anyway, that being said. It took me a few hours to assemble the squad (lots of flash to trim) but not very long to paint them. An hour or 2 on Sunday left me with these 4.


I'm really pleased with how the blue armour's turned out. It's literally just a very controlled drybrush using Ice Blue. I also really like the helmets being white as a contrast, along with the effect the black wash has given on the Klaives.

The new Incubi are some of my absolute favourite models GW has done, I love their rules, fluff and the models - it was just the weighty metal stopping me from buying them. Hopefully I'll get a few more of them soon and make my army so that it's heavy on Incubi. Damn you Drazhar for not making them a Troop choice!

Comments and critiscisms? Anyone else like the Incubi models? Had any problems with Finecast?

Peace,
SB

1 comment:

  1. I MUST SAY I HELD ONE OF THESE MODELS LAST NIGHT THEY LOOK VERY IMPRESSIVE EVEN UP CLOSE. ALMOST MAKES ME WANT TO PAINT AGAIN. STILL BADGER GOT TO SAY IM LOVING THE WORK THINK YOUR SWEET SKILLS ARE REALLY GETTING THERE.

    ReplyDelete