Thursday 8 November 2012

Painting Pledge - November More Eldar

Ello folks,

Following on from my post yesterday about finishing off October's Eldar (bar a Farseer...) I thought I'd lay out my dream for November's pledge.

November is going to be a busy month at work, so I'm going to scale this one back a bit, although I could REALLY do with getting some Dark Eldar stuff done...

Last Friday night I went to Bury and Bolton Gaming Club to have a wander around, see what the club is like and also meet a lad who I'd spoken to on Facebook who was selling some Dark Eldar.

So, my wallet now much lighter, I've inherited this lot:


- 1 Archon
- 1 Haemonculis
- 1 Raider
- 1 Razorwing
- 3 Reaver Jetbikes
- 10 Hellions
- 15 Warriors
- 10 Wyches.

This has rounded my army off a lot now, given me the extra Raider and Warrior squad I was after and also replaced my Skaven-Haemonculis with the actual model.

There's a few broken bits in there that need replacing, but I was surprised at the painting since it was very similar to mine apart from Boltgun Metalish colour as the basis for vehicle chassis' and armour. Still, I really liked the look of the colour scheme I was originally debating leaving them as is and have them as looking like a 2nd rag tag group of Raiders, but thought it might look a little too disjointed.

So I'm hoping I can get away with fixing up the broken bits, sorting the bases out (some have rivers and grass on) so I can base them in the same way as all my armies and then maybe just get away with going over the armour with black and Ice Blue drybrush... Here's hoping anyway!

Onto the painting pledge!

Paint:
- 1 Farseer
- 1 Autarch on Jetbike
- 5 Jetbikes

Fix:
- Archon trophy racks
- Wyches weapon arms
- Raiders dark lance

Spray:
- 6 Eldar War Walkers
- 3 Wave Serpents
- 1 Falcon
- As much Dark Eldar as I can get out of the rest of the spray can!

So yeah, like I say, bit lighter this month but I'll set myself the goal of the Craftworld Eldar stuff and hopefully make a start on as much of the Dark Eldar as I can.

I'm hoping to play in an inter-club Tournament the first weekend of December, so want to take my Dark Eldar to that, however, work is looking a fair bit iffy for that. So at least if everything is painted up, I can see how things are nearer the time.

Cheers,
SB

No comments:

Post a Comment