Friday 9 November 2012

November Painting Pledge - Update #1

Last night I had a bit of a free night so managed to get my Farseer painted up during the second half of Football on tele.

I'm really, really pleased with how this guy turned out as it's one of my favourite GW models and I was saving him for a treat once I'd finished off the mass of infantry.

RAWK this way my Guardian chums!

I tried to sort the lighting out using photo-editing. Not good.

I used more colours on him than the normal troops and also took a lot more time on him, cleaned some areas up more and generally wasn't as sloppy as I have been over the last couple of years when it comes to painting.

Sorry about the poor lighting, I've seen a tutorial for a really cheap light box, I just need to get myself some daylight bulbs and hopefully some better pictures will be on the way.

He's got bronze decals on the Wraithbone armour as I thought they'd stand out better that way, and I also tried to do a blue-ish hue on his spear blade although after the wash, you probably can't even tell now.


So, progress already. Need to coat him in Purity Seal while it's daylight and I'm not working tomorrow, then hopefully roll onto the Jetbikes later!

Once he's varnished, he's ready to send MIND BULLETS at people. Pew, pew, pew!

No comments:

Post a Comment