Monday 19 November 2012

November Painting Pledge - Update #2

Very quick one from me as it's busy, busy, busy here at work.

Over the last week or two I've managed to get my Ulthwe Eldar jetbikes and Autarch / Farseer on jetbike done (still not sure what to use him as yet).

You have no idea how awkward these were to hold whilst painting with black wash...

So yeah, these took a while longer than I thought, considering it's 80% black areas. There was a lot of fiddly areas to paint Dheneb Stone on which I probably would have been quicker to leave the Riders unglued, take them off and then put back on once done. Oh well, live and learn...

I found that after painting I couldn't get the flying stem into some of the bikes, because of the paint thickness so I need to go at them with a knife ASAP.

As it stands, I've dented my painting pledge now it's however much I can get done of the other bits I've set myself. The hardest one being to spray stuff as by time I get home from work every night it's dark and don't have anywhere to spray indoors anymore.

Paint:
- 1 Farseer
- 1 Autarch on Jetbike
- 5 Jetbikes


Fix:

- Archon trophy racks
- Wyches weapon arms
- Raiders dark lance

Spray:

- 6 Eldar War Walkers
- 3 Wave Serpents
- 1 Falcon
- As much Dark Eldar as I can get out of the rest of the spray can!


That's all for now folks, probably get all my stuff fixed up this week and hope that I can squeeze in a quick spray paint at some time, although it doesn't look likely.

SB

No comments:

Post a Comment