Another productive weekend on my behalf. Starting one evening this week I made a start on painting my 3 Valkyries I bought for my Imperial Guard army at Christmas. These guys are a nightmare to try and store away and I think they're also the biggest things I've painted in terms of overall area.
They're painted much in the same way as the rest of my Guard vehicles - Adeptus Battlegrey basecoat with a Fortress Grey overbrush layer.
I tried to stick with only a few instances of different colours to try and emphasise certain things - such as the Red warning lights dotted around and the tips of the missiles.
I also found I had problems with the bases of the models. Like the sand I put on just didn't seem to want to stick when it came to covering it in Chaos Black paint, which has resulted in some patchy looking bases. I tried to fill most of it up with Static grass but still...
Overall, I'm pretty pleased. As with the rest of my guard vehicles, I got them painted surprisingly quickly but these guys took a lot more effort. I also found to major annoyance that the Cockpits didn't fit properly after I'd gone to stick them on after painting, so they're a bit lopsided.
Next project is to paint up my converted Lord Commisar to accompany my Ogryn unit :)