Monday 21 June 2010

[Orks] First Attempt at a Spearhead

Afternoon all,

I figured since the well of Articles has been quite dry over the last week, due to personal situations for everyone and the World Cup!

Tonight at the club, we're going to have a go at Spearhead for the first time, so I've whipped up a list that's mostly just an excuse to get a Stompa on the table...

I'm hoping that it will be in similar vein to Apocalypse games, in that lots of stuff gets blown up and there's some crazy situations. I swiftly found though that putting the Stompa in, really chewed up my points...


Big Mek Rorshark's Spearhead:
HQ: Big Mek
Kustom Forcefield, Power Klaw, Eavy Armour, Bosspole, Cybork Body.
HQ: Big Mek
Kustom Forcefield, Power Klaw, Eavy Armour, Bosspole, Cybork Body.
Elites: 15 Tankbustas
2 Tankhammers, 2 Bomb Squigs
Heavy Support: 3 Killa Kans
3 Big Shoota
Heavy Support: 3 Killa Kans
3 Big Shoota
Spearhead: Crusher Spearhead
Battlewagon - Red paint Job, Armour Plates, Kannon, Deff Rolla, Boarding Plank
Spearhead: Tank Hunter Spearhead
3 Killa Kans, 3 Rokkit Launcha
Spearhead: Mechanised Assault Spearhead
12 Trukk Boyz, Rokkit Launcha, Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole, Trukk, Red Paint Job, Armour Plates
Spearhead: Outrider Spearhead
2 Killa Kans w/ Big Shoota
1 Deff Dred w/ 3 Dred CCWs and Skorcha
Spearhead: Superheavy Vehicle
Stompa
TOTAL: 2500

I did want to have a firebase of 2 Lootas towards the back, along with some Meganobz in a 2nd Battlewagon, but as I say... the lure of a Stompa was too strong.

I was also eager to have as many Spearhead formations as I can fit into a list, and it quickly turned into a puzzle - "I've run out of Heavy slots, how can I fit more Killa Kans in???".

We'll see how it goes, but has anyone out there had a go with Spearhead - if so - what do you reckon to it?

Expect an attempt of a Battle Report tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment